5 Minute HelpDesk –How to Copy Fonts from One Computer to Another?
Fonts can make your document or webpage stand out. It can help you express the mood and style of content. Want to transfer fonts from one computer to another? Our IT helpdesk experts in Perth will help you on how to transfer the fonts from one computer to another with some simple steps.
Steps to Transfer Fonts from One Computer to Another
- Open Windows file explorer
- Select C: drive
- From the new window, select Windows
- Open Windows and go to Fonts
- To copy the whole folder right-click on “Fonts” and select the copy option.
- To copy specific fonts, open the Font folder and select the fonts that you want to transfer or press and hold Ctrl and select the fonts you want
- If the fonts are grouped, you can just select by dragging and highlighting.
- After selecting, right-click on the selection and click “Copy”.
Note: In some cases, fonts appear as a stack; these fonts will include variations like Bold, Narrow etc. which will be stored in extra files. So, make sure to copy the extra files while transferring the fonts to your new PC.
Now that the fonts you want to transfer to your new computer are stored in your external storage device.
Note: If the font folders are zipped you need to unzip it first because zipped files cannot be installed directly.
If you have trouble with installation, follow the below steps on how to install font Windows.
How to Install Fonts in Windows
If your computer has multiple users, you may need to enter administrator password for installing fonts.
Font – a digital data file that contains a set of graphically related characters or symbols in a specific style and size.
Zipped files – one or more files combined into a single file in a space-saving way to reduce their total size.