5 Minute IT Helpdesk – How to update your Windows Computer
Updating your Windows operating system is an important task that can help improve the security and performance of your computer. In this article, we give you a step-by-step guide on how to update Windows:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard, or click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen.
2. In the Start menu, click on the Settings icon (gear icon).
3. In the Settings window, click on the Update & Security or Windows Update option (depends on which version of Windows you use)
4. In the Update window, click on the Check for updates button.
5. Windows will now search for any available updates. If there are any updates available, they will be listed in the Windows Update window.
6. To install the updates, click on the Install now button.
7. If prompted, follow the on-screen instructions to install the updates. This process may take some time, as the updates may need to be downloaded and installed.
8. Once the updates are installed, you may be prompted to restart your computer. If so, click on the Restart now button to complete the update process.
It is recommended to update your Windows operating system on a regular basis to ensure that you have the latest security patches and performance improvements. You can also configure Windows to automatically check for and install updates on a schedule that is convenient for you.