Computing Australia Grassroots Community Sports Sponsorships
At The Computing Australia Group, we believe that no organisation can function and thrive in isolation. It’s not just about clients and suppliers; meaningful contribution to society is necessary for business sustainability as well as inclusive development. Giving back to the community happens best when it is a part of the company’s vision and not just as a way to fulfil a legal requirement.
This sentiment is thoroughly echoed in the words of our Business Manager (Director) Chris Karapetcoff – “In 20 years of IT projects for charity and non-profit organisations and our own corporate social responsibility programs, we have learnt that meaningful contribution happens when we ‘engage’ with the community at the grassroots level, rather than just ‘giving’ and be done with it. Grassroots community engagement offers a unique opportunity to contribute to social development”.
What are the benefits of community sport?
- Improved physical health: Participating in sport and physical activity can help individuals maintain a healthy weight, improve cardiovascular fitness, and reduce the risk of developing chronic diseases such as obesity, diabetes, and heart disease.
- Mental health benefits: Sport and physical activity can help improve mental health by reducing stress, anxiety, and depression and increasing self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Social benefits: Community sport can help individuals develop social connections and friendships, which can improve overall well-being and provide a sense of belonging to a community.
- Economic benefits: Community sport can contribute to the local economy by generating revenue through ticket sales, merchandise, and sponsorships. It can also create jobs, both directly (such as coaching and officiating) and indirectly (such as through the support of local businesses).
- Community development: Community sport can help bring people together and promote community development by providing a shared activity that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and abilities. It can also help to improve community facilities and infrastructure.
CAG Grassroots Sports Sponsorships
There is a lot of research material on how sports can instil social and healthy habits in youth and also hold communities together. These in turn help in creating a healthy and stable society. Developing grassroots sports is essential if we want to become a top-class sporting nation and build on what we have already achieved. These two reasons should propel more corporates towards contributing to grassroots sports development. CAG believes in this strongly and has marked a corpus of $100,000 towards grassroots community sport for 2022.
Over the past year, we have been helping local football clubs with their IT and web development as part of our role as the technology partner of Football West. We are amazed at the passion and commitment of these clubs towards the game and the development of its players. As Chris says, “The commitment of these football clubs is just mind-blowing. So many of the people working with them are volunteers, giving their time and energy without any monetary returns. The clubs are so invested in the total development of their players – most clubs have player support personnel who can be approached with any problems not necessarily related to the game.”
So we were naturally excited to see how we could engage more with the clubs and contribute to the clubs’ development and support them in their journey.
After discussion with many clubs and football lovers, we decided that the best way we could support these clubs was to sponsor them. As a result of this initiative, CAG is now on the sponsors’ team for four clubs and in talks with more.
We are proud to be sponsors of
- Ballajura AFC
- Beeliar Spirit AFC
- Canning City AFC
- Sorrento Football Club
- Kingsley Westside Football Club
Daniel Hutchinson, CEO of Computing Australia Group, says, “We are proud to be associated with Football West and the local football clubs and to be contributing towards the development of the sport at the community level. The passion of these clubs for the game is electrifying and infectious – we even fielded a team for the Corporate Challenge. We will continue to work towards engaging and sponsoring community sporting clubs; and also fight for that elusive Corporate Champions trophy”.
CAG Grassroots Community Sports Sponsorship is one step ahead in our goal of contributing towards community sports development.
Are you a sporting authority or club looking to enhance your online presence? Are you looking for support for web development and maintenance and promotional campaigns? Let’s talk right away. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a no-obligation chat.