To recover an email that is emptied from the “Deleted Items” folder.
- Log in to your Outlook account
- Click the “Folder” tab in the top menu bar.
- Select “Recover Deleted Items. “
- Select the emails that you want to recover.
- Select “Restore Selected Items”.
- Click on OK.
When you recover items, they are automatically stored in the Deleted Items folder. After you recover an email or item, you can go to Deleted Items folder and then you can move it to any other folder according to your requirement.
Note: If you see the Trash folder instead of Deleted Items, you can restore emails from the Trash folder as we shown in the how-to restore recently deleted Email section. However, you can’t recover emails that have been removed from the Trash folder.
You can’t access the Recoverable Items folder if you’re using a mobile browser. To access the Recoverable Items folder, you need to use a PC or Mac.
- Log in to your account
- Select Deleted Items folder in the left pane
- Select Recover items deleted from this folder which is at the top of the message list.
- Select the emails or items you want to recover
- Select Restore.
The items will be restored to their original folders if they are not deleted; otherwise, items will be restored as follows:
- Emails restore to your inbox.
- Contacts restore to contacts folder.
- Tasks restore tasks folder.
- Calendar items restore to your calendar.