Microsoft Office 365 Changes Name in April
Microsoft has announced some name changes to some of its Office 365 suite. The Microsoft Office 365 name changes impact small and medium-sized business users of its suite of products.
What are the Changes to The New Microsoft Office 365?
Not much has changed except for the names of the plans (see table below).
Office 365 plans that are changing
- Office 365 Business Essentials will become Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium will become Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business will become Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business will become Microsoft 365 Apps for business
- Office 365 ProPlus will become Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
Office 365 Plans That are Not Changing
- Office 365 for Enterprise
- Office 365 for Firstline Workers
- Office 365 for Education
- Office 365 for Government
Why These Changes Were Required?
The company has termed the Microsoft Office 365 name changes as a ‘natural evolution’ – from a licensing bundle including Windows, Office and Enterprise Mobility and Security to its vision of the future – an integrated set of apps and services including AI and other cutting-edge innovations. In the current world health and economic scenario, this would help small and medium business with new capabilities in Microsoft Teams to host meetings and events online; cloud file storage and sharing capabilities, and security and identity solutions to safeguard business. With these changes, Microsoft intends to bring small and medium enterprises under the Microsoft 365 umbrella.
Here is a Brief Comparison of Different Microsoft 365 Plans